[RTTY] Rules for upcoming SARTG RTTY Help

Stein-Roar Brobakken sroabr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 00:09:06 EDT 2013

http://www.sartg.com/contest/wwrules.htm

Also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/events/1376161252606351/?ref=14

*SARTG WW RTTY Contest*
*Sponsored by the
Scandinavian Amateur Radio Teleprinter Group**Third full weekend in August**17
- 18 August 2013*

 *Contest Periods:*
Three (3) separate periods:

*0000 - 0800 UTC Saturday
1600 - 2400 UTC Saturday
0800 - 1600 UTC Sunday*

 *Bands:*
80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 m.

 *Classes:*

   - *A:* Single Operator / Single TX / All Band
   - *B:* Single Operator / Single Band
   - *C:* Multi Operator / Single TX / All Band
   - *D:* SWL / All Band
   - *E:* Single Operator / Single TX / All Band / Low Power (max 100 Watts)

*NOTE 1:* Single operator all band entrants may also enter one single band
entry of their choice.

*NOTE 2:* DX spotting and alerting assistance is permitted in all classes.

*NOTE 3:* "Single TX" means only one transmitted signal is allowed on air
at the same time.

 *Modes:*
*RTTY* only.

 *Exchanges:*
RST + QSO number, starting with 001.

 *QSO Points:*

   - QSO with own country, *5* points.
   - QSO with other countries in own continent, *10* points.
   - QSO with other continents, *15* points.

Same station can be worked once on each band.

 *Multipliers:*
Each DXCC country on each band, including first contact with Australia,
Canada, Japan and USA. Additionally, each call area in*VK, VE, JA* and *W* will
count as one (*1*) multiplier on each band (*W1, WA4, JA2, VK4*).

*NOTE:* Stations operating from call areas other than their call ID, __must
use ’*/x*’ for their actual call area, i.e. *K5DJ/1*.

 *Scoring:*
Sum of QSO points x sum of multipliers = TOTAL SCORE.

 *Logs:* *Electronic log submissions:*

The *Cabrillo* format is prefered but not mandatory. Please make sure that
you fill in the Cabrillo header correctly and name the file *callsign.log*.
An additional and COMPLETELY separate single band of choice log for Single
Op all bands entrants must show the same information as above and be named
with your *callsign_band.log*, i.e. sm7bhm_80.log.

Information on Cabrillo format for SARTG contest can be found
here<http://www.sartg.com/contest/wwcabril.htm>.
Contest name is *SARTG-RTTY*.

Users of "RTTY" by WF1B should convert their files. A conversion program
can be found here <http://www.sartg.com/contest/wwcbrwf1.htm>.

For non-Cabrillo entries only two files are required,*callsign.all* and *
callsign.sum*. These logs must be in chronological order and show: band,
date/time (UTC), call sign, exchange message sent and received, multipliers
and QSO points.

Please submit electronic logs as plain ASCII-files. Do not send Word, Excel
or ADIF-files as they create extra work as they have to manually be
converted to ASCII-files before processing.

Multi-Op stations must include the call signs and names of all operators
involved.

Electronic logs can be submitted by Email or on 3 ½ inch disk togheter with
a printed summary sheet.
*Log Robot:*

Cabrillo logs can also be uploaded directly to our log robot*
http://ua9qcq.com* <http://ua9qcq.com/en/submit_log.php?lang=en/>. The
robot checks the log and a claimed list is also avaible.
*Paper log submissions:*

The log must be in chronological order showing the same information as
required for electronic ones. In addition, a written summary sheet, dupe
sheet and multiplier sheet must be submitted.

*Check logs:*

Check logs are very much appreciated, they are used for cross checking of
all entries.

Your comments will be very much appreciated.

 *Awards:*
To the top stations in each class if the number of QSOs is reasonable.

 *Logs Deadline:*
Logs must be received by *October 10* to qualify.

Mail logs to:

*SARTG Contest Manager
Ewe Håkansson, SM7BHM
Pilspetsvägen 4