[RTTY] 300hz or 500hz IF filter?

Ron Stailey k5dj at comcast.net
Fri Aug 23 17:32:54 EDT 2013

I agree with Jim, 250Hz filters are great in a pile-up during a test.
Several years ago someone told me I could order a 270Hz filter from
Kenwood I was running two TS-850s at the time. I order two 270Hz
filters and liked them better than the 250's. I still have them some
place either here or in Texas not sure which but I do have them. Dunno
if you can still get them from Kenwood or not. I think you will like
it if you get or can find one..

Also as Don said I would rather have a 300Hz than a 400 or 500Hz
Filter

73, de Ron K5DJ
Joe...
I have been RTTY contesting for many (20+) years with some of the best in
the business. We ALWAYS used 250 Hz filters during crowed band conditions.

And we have the wallpaper to prove it.

400 and 500 Hz crystal filters (and DSP filtering) is just not tight enough.

Period.

73
Jim W7RY