[RTTY] Question on 2Tone

DickT-W0RAA dickt at w0raa.com
Mon Aug 26 17:31:21 EDT 2013

Hi guys/gals,

I have a question that maybe one of you folks could answer for me.

I am running the latest version of Writelog and use the MMTTY Add-on
window as well as the 2Tone Clone.  I have the 2 windows side-by-side.

I have 2Tone set to Alt and Flutter and have the MMTTY
window as a primary.  I find that in some cases, 2Tone will decode an
incoming signal better than MMTTY.  At other times, it's the reverse of
that.  I get more useless garbage characters on my 2Tone window than I
do on the MMTTY window.

Now, to my question.  Is it normal for the 2Tone decoding to lag behind
the decoding of the characters in the MMTTY window?  I notice this more
when I am transmitting than when just receiving an incoming signal.  The
lag seems to be about 2 characters in length.

Any suggestions would help.

73,

Dick - W0RAA