[RTTY] Proposed "Retro RTTY Contest"

Wa3frp wa3frp at aol.com
Sat Dec 7 22:11:27 EST 2013

Nice idea Jim, but I may be the only one to enter...

My ST-6 is still  in operation with 850 and 170 filters as well as my Model 28 ASR running a 60 ma current loop...It sometimes beats MMTTY and even 2Tone but no one will believe it.

Since this is a retro contest, how about using the exchange from the first RTTY contest in 1953? The exchange was  serial number, originating station call, check or RST report of two or three numbers, ARRL section of originator, local time (0000-2400 preferred) and date. Example: NR 23 W0BP 579 MINN 1325 FEB 15.

Even more fun for an organizer who would have to sort things out with only paper logs.

A fun thought!  You might want to bring this up on the Greenkeys list...

73

Russ WA3FRP