[RTTY] Formatting your CQ call for detection by the RTTY skimmer, RCKskimmer

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Mon Feb 4 12:56:34 EST 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff at gmail.com> wrote:

Interesting. So I guess I'll never get skimmer spotted if I use the common
> practice:
>
> WPX WK6I WK6I CQ

You will be spotted. Here is the complete story.

RCKskimmer is looking for keywords in the receiving text. These are CQ,
> QRZ, TEST, DE. After these keywords and after the own call a " " (space)
> must follow, this is a must.
> Examples:
> "CQ DL4RCK DL4RCK "
> "CQ DE DL4RCK DL4RCK QRZ "
> "QRZ DL4RCK "
> "CQ TEST DL4RCK DL4RCK CQ "
> "XYZ TU DL4RCK CQ "
> "XYZ DE DL4RCK " (DE-Detection)
> Note the " " (Space) at the end of each line.
> CQ, QRZ or TEST at the end of the line are only detected, if the option
> "Contest Style Detection" is enabled at the local RCKskimmer.
>
> If the call is allready in the Master.cal file, it is detected after the
> first receiving. If it is not in the file the call must be received correct
> two times in a row, after this it is permanent added to the RCKmaster.cal
> file at the local RCKskimmer.
>
> vy 73 de Walter, DL4RCK

Diddle Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light