[RTTY] Formatting your CQ call for detection by the RTTY skimmer, RCKskimmer

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Mon Feb 4 14:18:57 EST 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff at gmail.com> wrote:

So I will be spotted in contest style is enabled, otherwise not. RIght? -
> jeff wk6i

The way I read it is that the first four examples will be spotted
regardless of "Contest Style Detection" status. The last two examples
require "Contest Style Detection" to be on.

RCKskimmer is looking for keywords in the receiving text. These are CQ,
>> QRZ, TEST, DE. After these keywords and after the own call a " " (space)
>> must follow, this is a must.
>> Examples:
>> "CQ DL4RCK DL4RCK "
>> "CQ DE DL4RCK DL4RCK QRZ "
>> "QRZ DL4RCK "
>> "CQ TEST DL4RCK DL4RCK CQ "
>> "XYZ TU DL4RCK CQ "
>> "XYZ DE DL4RCK " (DE-Detection)
>> Note the " " (Space) at the end of each line.
>> CQ, QRZ or TEST at the end of the line are only detected, if the option
>> "Contest Style Detection" is enabled at the local RCKskimmer.

73,

Hank, W6SX