[RTTY] WPX suggestion

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 19:05:38 EST 2013

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 15:55:46 -0800, you wrote:

>You are sending four extra characters.  If you make 1000 QSOs that's at
>least 4000 extra characters, not counting repeats.

REPLY:
OOPS... I forgot that as your number goes up, the number of leading zeroes
go down.

So it wouldn't be 4000 extra zeroes, only a few till you get to 100 and
then no more.

No wonder I never win these things.  :-)

But by the same token, how about eliminating the useless 599? Since this
would be saved both transmitting and receiving, now you're talking some
real savings.

Bill, W6WRT