[RTTY] MMTTY difficulties

Lee Roberts ham at n0sq.us
Thu Feb 7 21:17:09 EST 2013

I use FSK only.

The ACC2 connector worked fine with the Kam+ attached to it so the radio is OK.
ACC2 for both the TS450 and TS2000 are identical.

As for the diddles, mostly diddles are being transmitted but it sounds like
some FSK goes out but it's garbage.

The links you provided weren't of any help.

I'm thinking that it's some kind of settings issue so I experimented and
couldn't find a problem.

Michael Haack <mikehaack at aol.com> wrote ..
> Lee,
>
> I'm Not completely familiar with the TS2000, having used the
> TS430/940/950SDX.
> However, I would look to see if you are in fact sending data (FSK) to
> the radio and not just keying Diddles.
> Are you send AFSK to the radio or FSK?
>
> It might involves the AAC2 connector as well.
>
> Might want to take a look here.
> http://www.aa5au.com/rtty_radios.html#TS-2000
> http://www.k2dsl.com/2009/03/02/fsk-vs-afsk-on-a-ts-2000-what-a-difference/
>
> 73, good luck
> Mike WB9B
>

> On 2013-02-07 6:52 PM, Lee Roberts wrote:
> > I built my serial port interface for use with MMTTY but I can't seem to
send
> > traffic. I am transmitting diddles though. MMTTY shows the text that I want
> > transmit but I don't get anything on my test receiver other than diddles.
I'm
> > using a TS2000 and homebrew desktop running WinXP for transmitting and I'm
> > using a TS-450 to receive with a Kam+ and a laptop running minicom (a
Linux