[RTTY] Contest Behavior

BILL ENGLISH bill at k4fx.net
Fri Feb 8 01:50:51 EST 2013

That is one of my pet peeves, when people assume they have a band
commanding signal. Then you don't get their report, you sent them a report
and they send 73 GL and QSY. I have not logged many QSOs because of this
arrogant behavior.

Speaking of contest protocols, I wish more people would end their CQ's with
either CQ or TEST and please not use K. I often tune by a station calling
CQ and all I hear is the tail end and get "W4ABC K" I have to sit and wait
for the guy to call CQ again, or as is more often the case, tune on to the
next one. A simple W4ABC CQ would get us both a fast QSO.

Also with QRM sometimes it is hard to hear your call at the beginning of
the report when someone comes back to your call. To make things easier I
wish more people would send their reports as W4ABC 599 001 001 W4ABC  A lot
of guys use this protocol, and man what a difference it makes, I wish more
would adopt it.

Good luck and see you all in a little while.

Bill K4FX