[RTTY] Contest Behavior

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Fri Feb 8 10:34:57 EST 2013

You know, we are all part of the problem. Or at least we all can help
improve things.

Most of the behavior described is by hams who don't know better, who
haven't been mentored or taught.

I sometimes send emails to the most egregious gently pointing out the error
of their ways and suggesting that they will have more success and fun if
they do it the right way.

In many cases, I get grateful I-didn't-know-that return emails. More
satisfying, often I work the guy later, and he is doing it right.

Be part of the solution and send some gentle emails.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light