[RTTY] Dash vs space, one last time

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Sun Feb 10 19:55:55 EST 2013

On Feb 10, 2013, at 4:19 PM, Bill Turner wrote:

> Here's where we part company. If I see 599 QWE 123 I will not ask for a
> repeat. I will click on the 123 just as if the sender had sent only that.

There you go changing the rules again, Bill.

I thought you have very clearly stated the premise that you send a repeated number so they other end knows for sure s/he has received the right number.

If you are willing to accept a single number, with no confirmation by a repeat, why in heaven's sakes are you even transmitting repeated numbers in the first place?

At least I am willing to admit that "599-123-1WE" requires a repeat.

73
Chen, W7AY