[RTTY] I had a reply in the contest from a fellow using cw for rtty

Arliss w7xu at iw.net
Sun Feb 10 23:47:10 EST 2013

Yes, I remember that.  That was back in the days when I had a
Model 15, a CV-89A TU and the Drake B Twins.

Besides IDing on RTTY, you were required (on HF) to ID with
telegraphy.  You could use CW or FSK telegraphy.  The simplest
way to comply was to generate CW by keying your mark signal, but
that would usually produce garbage print on the receiving end.
To avoid that, lots of us used narrow shift (20 Hz or so) FSK for
IDing.

73,  Arliss  W7XU