[RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death

w1hkj w1hkj at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 11 11:06:55 EST 2013

On 02/11/2013 09:26 AM, Susan King wrote:
> Speaking totally non-technically, I prefer spaces. I have some tremor in my
> mouse hand. When a sequence is hyphen-delimited I sometimes mouse up the
> hyphen along with the desired characters. In the heat of the contest I
> don't notice those extra hyphens and leave them in my log. The robot,
> however, scours my log and tells me to remove the offending hyphens.
>
> I think I'll send a note to WriteLog and ask that the RTTY window use a
> larger font.
>
> 73, Susan K5DU
fldigi allows you to define what characters are considered text
delimiters.  By default these include:

" *,-.;"

Which means that a Double-Left-Click (or a Shift-Left-Click) on a text
block such as 599-123-123 with the cursor on the 123 would extract the
123 and append it to the contest field for exchange-in.  If the text
under the cursor satisfies a regular expression test for a valid
callsign (and the callsign log entry is empty) then the text is inserted
into the callsign contest field.

fldigi also allows the user to select the font and font size for both
the Rx and Tx text panels.

Other software could certainly be modified to provide the same convenience.

73, Dave, W1HKJ
http://www.w1hkj.com