[RTTY] Slow RTTY - some more

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Feb 11 17:46:17 EST 2013

microHAM's baud rate has always been within acceptable tolerance.
The "issue" if there is one is the difference between 45 and 45.45
bps (0.22 ms in the length of a bit) or 45.45 and 46 bps (0.26 ms
in the length of the bit.  That's less than 1.2% and 45.45 bps and
the tolerance is even closer at at other (50, 75, 100 and 110 bps.)
supported rates.

If you want to quibble about <.3 ms in the length of a bit when
EXTFSK and other interfaces are lucky to be +/- 1 msec., have at
it but just be sure you keep it in context!  Oh, by the way EXTFSK
is limited to "45 baud" only and most other multi-function FSK
interfaces will not do some or all of the other common rates.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV