[RTTY] Slow RTTY

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Wed Feb 13 13:02:23 EST 2013

Joe and the group,

I have to confess to not actually trying it since upgrading the router
software, but when I first got my MKII, the difference was extreme. In fact
it was so marked, a few folk commented on the slowness, and told me what to
change. Since then, all is well.
However, there are clearly still some folk out there with Strict BPS
enabled, and you can readily spot them during contests. I have not heard it
outside a contest yet, so maybe it is just a few contest stations that have
not yet changed things.

Regarding the K3 RTTY, I said

OK, maybe "distorted" was the wrong word here. It gave the impression of
being distorted because it did not sound like the usual RTTY, and it seemed
to stutter, but maybe that was down to the speed of the sent CW. Not quite
sure, but it was very strange sounding.

73 de Phil GU0SUP