[RTTY] 2Tone vs. MMTTY - Round 2 testing

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 16 17:52:15 EST 2013

Bill, in today's testing I was seeing better print in MMTTY windows with slower AGC too.

Right now they are on 30 meters 10143 MHz with a very weak signal. Only getting bits and pieces on both my 80M inverted vee and
Pixel loop - both antennas are about the same right now. I don't have a "normal" 30M antenna at the moment.

Hoping the 30M signal will pick up a little more to make screenshots. This should be a good test if he does come up where I can get
some significant print before they QRT.

On suggestion from W7AY and W4TV, I have opened up my filter to 350 Hz (will try 500 hz too) with TPF on in the radio. I am also
checking with TPF off and filter set to 400 hz. BUT I CANNOT HEAR THEM AT ALL WITH TPF TURNED OFF IN THE RADIO. That doesn't mean
the decoders aren't hearing them. I'm figuring if I can't hear them, the soundcard can't hear them but that may be true. I just
don't know!

73, Don AA5AU