[RTTY] NAQP RTTY contest on Saturday February 23

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Wed Feb 20 02:18:16 EST 2013

Hello Mark...

Can you (or someone) please clarify the following Single Operator Entry
Classification:

"Entry Classification:

a. Single Operator

i. One person performs all transmitting, receiving, spotting and logging
functions as well as equipment and antenna adjustments.

ii. Access to spotting information obtained directly or indirectly from
any source other than the station operator, such as from other stations
or automated tools, is prohibited."

My question is this: In subsection "i." why is the word "Spotting"
included? In subsection "ii." spotting information is explicitly
prohibited. This double-talk language leads to confusion.

Next, in the Multi-Operator Two-Transmitter category, there is no
mention about spotting. Does that mean an operator can use the network
for spotting? If so, why not simply state it.

Kudos! Rule number 7 is plain English. CW only, SSB only, RTTY only.

Then in Rule 10, the "assistance" question is buried in the second half
of the "Exchange" rule. In my mind, assistance and spotting go
hand-in-hand. Why not add a plain English rule about spotting and
assistance as a numbered item?

My apology if I "sound cranky"... I guess I am!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN