[RTTY] BARTG Sprint 2013

Jim McDonald jim at n7us.net
Sun Jan 6 23:36:56 EST 2013

Ken,

The FCC used to require a new callsign when changing districts, but the rule
changed at some point, probably due to our more mobile society.

The FCC WILL issue a W7 call to someone in NY.  You can pick one appropriate
for your license class and subject to availability from any call area.

I've had my 7 call since 1977 when I lived in AZ and kept it for the four
years I was in NM and since moving to IL in 2006.  I did operate as N7US/5
for a RTTY contest or two in NM in the 1990s, and it was a nuisance for
LOTW.

There are very, very few 1X2 calls available, and I worked hard to get this
one, so I won't give it up just because I'm living in the Midwest for a few
years.

I just skip any contests requiring the /9.

73, Jim N7US