[RTTY] US call signs (BARTG)

foxbw at comcast.net foxbw at comcast.net
Mon Jan 7 18:56:50 EST 2013

Thank you Ken, VE3HLS, for a perfectly well thought out method of assigning US call signs.  I agree 100%.

"Simple.? Stick with what you had.
You report any moves to another call district, just like you do with your drivers license when you move to a new state, right?? The FCC issues you with a call for the new call district.? If it's possible to keep your call and just change the number, then perfect.? If not, you get a new call.? If you simply _must_ have a vanity call then you get a vanity call that corresponds to your call district (see above).? If there isn't one that you like then, well, tough."

I suppose it is too logical for the FCC to implement, or does that vanity call fee mean that much to them?

Barry - W1HFN

(live in MA, moved from MD as a K3)