[RTTY] The Problem with AFSK ...

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Sat Jan 19 12:50:44 EST 2013

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists at subich.com> wrote:

> This behavior is all to typical of AFSK signals where the audio is

I think you are confusing technology with operator skill.

I have no doubt that W7AY can put out a cleaner RTTY  signal using
AFSK than I can with my IC746Pro running FSK, but FSK is a LOT harder
to screw up.

Any mode that requires that an audio signal be fed to a transceiver is
just begging to be screwed up ... and often is, as you've just
reported!

But that's not the fault of AFSK - that's the fault of the operator.