[RTTY] The Problem with AFSK ...

Paul w8aef at q.com
Sat Jan 19 18:33:37 EST 2013

Does anyone know if the FT-1000D is true FSK or is it AFSK?

I tried to follow the circuit diagram but got lost, I suspect it is AFSK.

de Paul, W8AEF

1) AFIK, there are two types of "FSK":

a) FSK that is generated internal to the rig where the manufacturer
'keys' an audio tone -- an 'internal' AFSK if you will, that the rig
manufacturer calls 'FSK'. This can be OK as hopefully the rig maker is
controlling many of the variables such as level, mark/space switching,
etc versus the operator jamming his sound card into the mic jack.