[RTTY] Getting rid of clicks--what's the risk?

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Tue Jan 22 18:21:22 EST 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM, aflowers at frontiernet.net
<aflowers at frontiernet.net> wrote:

> operatator with a 100W and a dipole as it is for the contest CQ machine with 1000W and a stack.

Wait - there is another way to operate?  I thought 100 W and wire
antennas was the only way?!?!?

> Right now you many of these people do not have to wait for manufacturers to change their FSK keying circuits (or in many cases what is more likely to be a firmware revision).  AFSK with a waveshaped input may

No flashable firmware in the IC746Pro, so no real possibility of
changing anything at the radio end.  Regardless, I have zero interest
in putting out a crappy signal (in any mode), so I am interested in
this thread.  I use FSK exclusively on the 746 (serial port ->
RigBlaster+ -> 746).

I, for one, would sure like to see some tests done to see which
FSK-capable radios (regardless of how the radio actually generates the
FSK internally) put out less-than-desirable signals.