[RTTY] Two Radio's with USB ports

Jim Harris jim.w0em at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 15:53:20 EST 2013

Hi folks,
Has any one had any success using two radio's (such as SO2R) via their USB ports connected to a computer?  I have a FTdx3000 and TS-590, both of which have USB ports.  As best I can determine they both use the same USB driver.  I have been unable to use both via their USB ports when trying to operate SO2R.  Either works fine alone in a contest.
It appears when I try to install the driver for the second radio and connect the USB cable and select the hardware port that the first driver installation disappears, leaving only the newer driver installation.  In order to work SO2R I have to use the RS-232 port on one of the radio's with an audio interface to exchange audio between the radio and computer.  CAT and audio on the other radio works fine through it's USB port.
If anyone has any experience or helpful ideas in getting both USB connections working, I would be interested in hearing from you.

My thanks in advance. 73

Jim, W0EM