[RTTY] Poor SO2R Operators in BARTG

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at arrl.net
Sat Jan 26 15:37:21 EST 2013

You can tell if they are so2r by writing down the call signs, and
checking 3830 tomorrow to see if they enter the expert category.
There's no faking it because of the BARTG band-change limit for
non-experts.

I have seen a lot of cases where even an so1r operator just does
not respond.  They may have terrific local QRN, or have a decode
setting wrong, or perhaps their decode mark/space frequency has
been pulled off nominal.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, Arizona