[RTTY] contest change

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Sat Jul 6 12:34:36 EDT 2013

30 - (6 + 0) = 24

Here's the pseudo SQL ;^)

SELECT OPTIME=(MAX(QSO_TIME) - MIN(QSO_TIME)) FROM QSOs WHERE CALL='K0RC'
{build temporary table of off time blocks; left as an exercise for the student)
SET OFFTIME=(SELECT SUM(TOP 2 BLOCKLEN FROM OFFTIMES ORDER BY BLOCKLEN DESC)
IF OFFTIME <6 THEN
                Rule is broken
ELSE
                Rule is not broken
ENDIF

You're insisting on reading an interpretation into the rule (that everyone must take a minimum of two breaks with one lasting at least 30 minutes) that has no rational basis given the history and context.

Rather than debate this, I sent an email asking for confirmation that the rule change would not require taking 2 blocks of off time.

Al
AB2ZY