[RTTY] contest change

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Mon Jul 8 15:45:27 EDT 2013

The rule defines a "break" as being 30 minutes minimum.  Therefore in the
example below, there is only one "break", the 6-hour period in the middle.

The rule wording works fine with the possible exception of the word "where".
Perhaps it would be clearer to some people if "where" were replaced by
"when":

2.1 No entrant may operate more than 24 hours out of the 30-hour contest
period.

2.2 Operating Time will be calculated using the elapsed time between the
first QSO and the last QSO logged minus the longest two breaks during this
elapsed time when such breaks are a minimum of 30 minutes each.

2.3 QSOs made after 24 hours of operating time have been accumulated will
not count towards the entrant's score.

Ed W0YK