[RTTY] contest change

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Mon Jul 8 21:32:17 EDT 2013

Probably because:

1. IMO RU is supposed to be a "fun" contest (they're all fun, depending on your definition) that allows the more casual contester to be competitive with the "pros" without  sleep deprivation.
2. It forces some planning of operating strategy.  There is still flexibility, but if I know I can string together 12 30 minute off time segments, instead of 2 for 6 hours, based on conditions as they occur and still meet the operating time requirement, the advantage might well swing too far back to the "professional" contesters.

Al
AB2ZY