[RTTY] ARRL issues Official Reply: Re 2.8KHz HF digital, BW

iw1ayd - Salvatore Irato iw1ayd at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 10:18:18 EDT 2013

Hi Kai,
TU for your answer, I'd appreciated. Clever and clear.
May be, still in the hope not to encircle myself, I could add something
to my first message.

... even if unevenly windowed under this same subject I was much more
simplistic about the ARRL RTTY DXCC.
There was a RTTY DXCC, now there isn't anymore. You could gain a Digital
DXCC that is not the same thing as it was the RTTY DXCC. That's all. No
manual definition are applied to say this. Now is Digital DXCC, the RTTY
DXCC by itself doesn't exist anymore.
More simply. Could I have my official RTTY DXCC paper gained today over
the last two years on the wall? No, is the answer. TU, I say.
That argument was used by me just to say that an authority that was
already deaf and short on the collective thinking have now in hands
another big trigger.
My hope is that the ARRL BoD wouldn't do the same as they have done before.
But the morning say the day.

I know that are no RTTY sub bands. My reference was just in the way you
wrote, those places where for gentleman agreements RTTY would be run. I
was too simplistic in writing.
But those gentlemen agreement  are unevenly remembered on WARC, where
the pie is much smaller, but not that much for the number of eaters ..
at least on DX expedition splits.

I'd appreciated what Paul wrote and it seems to me a good way, if the
cake is big enough to give it to all of us and nobody want to have a
bigger one. That's for us out of the US borders, there would be a right
slice. (No ON/OFF RF boundaries) But I am seeing that over time the
gentleman agreements on this side are becoming difficult to maintain.
That's by history and changes of the same, quite natural. Again, that my
blues, I am from the other side of the pond.

We will see, all. By now TU anybody for the patience reading me. I
personally hope that this gremlin will not get into or we will have to
remember not to food it after midnight. Somebody may have forgotten this
time ago with other kind of gremlins, as we all see any day.

           73 de iw1ayd Salvo