[RTTY] FW: [CQ-Contest] Room Reservations for Dayton 2014 at the Crowne Plazahotel in downtown Dayton

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Fri Jun 21 00:03:25 EDT 2013

>From CQ-Contest, here is the information on reserving a room at the Dayton
Crowne Plaza for the 2014 Hamvention at the discounted group rate that K3LR
negotiates.  This has been the "Contester" hotel for many years now, back to
when it was Stouffers.  A number of RTTY contesters stay there and a number
of others stat at the Drury.  Both are excellent hotels, comparably priced.

Drury:
	- Closer to Hara Arena (half the distance as the Crowne Plaza)
	- Closer to airport
	- Many nearby choices of restaurants
	- Relatively new, well appointed
	- breakfast included, plus free evening happy hour

Crowne Plaza:
	- Walking distance to Old Town and a number of nice restaurants
	- Venue for the Contest University, RTTY Contest Dinner, Top Band
Dinner, Contest Dinner, and nightly SuperSuite for contesters of all
interests
	- New, responsive management and newly re-modeled rooms and
restaurant
	- Free airport shuttle
	- Free parking in the attached, covered Convention Center parking
garage

Of course wherever you stay, you can come to either hotel for events and
socialization.  But, if you'd like to get in on the group rate at the
Crowne, you must heed Tim's advice below and make your reservation (online
recommended) as soon as the block opens at 9am EDT next Monday, 24 June.  We
don't yet know if the Drury will offer discounted Hamvention rooms, but they
take normal reservations.  While it seems early to be planning for Dayton
2014, the simple fact is that hotels of choice fill up this far in advance.

Ed W0YK