[RTTY] Newbie Question

Tim Richardson groupsrichart at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 18:28:59 EST 2013

Steve,

I was wondering the same last evening trying to work Clipperton on 30m.
I could barely print TX5K above the noise and could not copy any
stations calling him. Finally after about a half hour of me listening
and trying different splits he finally printed "UP2" and I was able to
work him after a couple of calls. While a few of the SSB and CW spots
commented about the split, I did not notice and RTTY spots listing the
split. So far I have not happened upon them on 17 or 20 meters.

Tim W4IOU