[RTTY] XE1L (SK)

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 02:28:22 EDT 2013

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:29:30 -0600, XE1EE wrote:

>Bad news confirmed by Bob KK6EK, Luis passed away last night (march 18) about at 20:30 hrs San Diego local time, in a Hospital.

REPLY:
I never met Luis in person but I always looked forward to seeing his call
print on my screen. My most memorable contact with Luis was during the 3Y0PI
Peter I expedition in 1994. I still have the autographed copy of the book,
#43 of only 50 ever printed.  It is one of my favorite ham possessions.

KK6EK also signed the book, as did WA4JQS, a regular member of this
reflector. What fun they must have had!

Luis is in my log 26 times under his own call and no doubt plenty of times
under other dxpedition calls.

Rest in peace, my friend.

73, Bill W6WRT