[RTTY] K3 Question

KD8NNU goldtr8 at charter.net
Sun Mar 24 09:44:04 EDT 2013

The current post about the K3 and its bandwidth has me wondering about my operation.

I have a K3 and use HRD when I use RTTY mode.   However, I am using in a DATA mode and letting the computer generate the tones.   What I am gathering from the recent discussion is that there should be a way to send the information to the K3 from the computer and the K3 will generate the signal directly.

Am I correct on what I am thinking about, and if I am correct, I guess I need to figure out how to set up the K3 this way.

Cheers
Don

~73
Don