[RTTY] 6 meter RTTY

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Sun May 5 22:35:00 EDT 2013

ORIGINAL MESSAGE (may be snipped):
On Sun, 5 May 2013 19:23:25 -0500, you wrote:

>50300 kHz is the frequency I use for 6 meter RTTY. It's been open last two mornings. Worked several stations on JT65.
>
>73, Don AA5AU

REPLY:
I think I'll give 50.3 a try. Ron,K0IDT suggested 50.180 but I'm leery of
getting into definite SSB territory.

Six was open pretty good today, worked several SSB but no RTTY.

I have a RFI into the keyboard problem on six, ferrites help a little but
not enough. I have ordered a wireless keyboard and mouse. We'll see if that
helps. They are both 2.4 GHz so I would think they would be immune to HF and
VHF. I'll be running LP until they arrive.  :-)

Anyway, keep an ear out on 50.3 RTTY. The six meter season is getting
underway.

Bill, W6WRT