[RTTY] Serial port question

rin JG1VGX jg1vgx at jarl.com
Thu May 30 11:10:54 EDT 2013

Hi,
I use VSPE which I think is the standard of this kind.
http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html

It's free for XP (32bit) platform, but you have to pay nominal fee for
64bit OS like Win7.

Use the splitter function. You have to set serial parameters
correctly. The serial speed should be the same among sharing devices
and the created virtual port.

I always open several logging programs at the same time and use the
CAT control all for the same transceiver.

But do not use FSK over this. It won't work since it's not a serial
communication.
However, I found COM port CW and PTT will work even though they are
not serial communications.

Good luck,

73 rin JG1VGX

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 8:52 AM,  <Ktfrog007 at aol.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My main rig is an FT-2000 which has one serial port that I use all the
> time for rig control with the N1MM logger (using a USB-serial cable).   There
> are other programs that would also like to use the serial port and I  wonder
> if there is any way I can have two or more programs use the  FT-2K's one
> serial port at the same time?
>
> 73,
> Kermit (Ken), AB1J

73 de rin JG1VGX