[RTTY] 6m contest this weekend

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Fri May 31 10:58:29 EDT 2013

Sounds like a little bit of fun. I've been on 6 meter JT65 for the past couple of weeks and it seems to be getting better and better each day. By the time I get home in the evening, the band really starts to ramp up. (Hope I didn't just jinx it for this weekend). Last night I worked two new stations on 6M JT65 to bring me up to 39 on that band/mode. The band seems more suited to RTTY contesting than JT65. RTTY exchanges are quick compared to the 4-6 minutes required for a JT65 contact. I've lost several JT65 contacts because the path dropped out within that 4-6 minute time frame.

The official rules for the contest can be found at:
http://www.6mt.com/

The exchange is callsign, grid square and club number. I'm guessing club number is a number you receive when you join the Six Club. Fee to join is only $5, but it's kind of late in the game to get a number so we'll just have fun.

Starts at 1500Z on the 1st (Saturday) and ends 2400Z on the 2nd (Sunday).

I have other things I will be doing this weekend but will try to get on when I can. I will operate on or near 50.300 MHz. Please stay clear of 50.276 MHz which is the JT65 frequency. Japan uses 50.330 MHz for JT65. Six meter ISCAT is around 50.250-50.255 MHz. If we stay around 50.300 MHz, we should be good.

73, Don AA5AU