[RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 20 18:58:15 EST 2013

I'm trying to get a grasp on all this. I'm guessing that the ARRL has requested this change to 2.8 kHz to allow Pactor 4 which uses 2.4 kHz. Is this correct?

One Pactor 4 signal could wipe out all PSK, JT-65 and JT-9 signals on certain bands, all at the same time. Is this correct?

And who's pushing this from the commercial end? SCS? And Pactor 4 is used by the Maritime industry to pass email?

73, Don AA5AU