[RTTY] What to do about ARRL's Baud Rate Proposal

Dave Barr recordupe at verizon.net
Thu Nov 21 08:39:48 EST 2013

I am gratified to see that most of the comments on this subject are calm
and reasoned, and hope that terminology like "attack" will not be used
in any effort to revise the ARRL's attempt to change parameters of
digital operation.

I hope that the technically knowledgeable members on this reflector will
make carefully crafted and calm responses to the proposed rule changes
to the FCC when the opportunity arrives.  Perhaps it would be more
effective if the specific problems raised by the proposal, and their
solutions, should be agreed upon as much as possible by those who intend
to make comments to the FCC.

It is unfortunate that the League is unable to acknowledge that a large
segment of its members who will be affected by this action are opposed
to the proposal as it stands.  Let us all make sure our division and
section officials know how we feel.

73, Dave, K2YG