[RTTY] Hints and tips on how to file comments on RM-11708

Ron Kolarik rkolarik at neb.rr.com
Sun Nov 24 00:09:15 EST 2013

Okay, some questions both on and off list and a few new people
arriving to the party. I'm no expert and maybe a someone else could
chime in with suggestions.

First read the RM and research anything you don't understand.
Ask questions here if you need more help, I'm almost alive again
DO NOT cut 'n paste anything, use your own words
Pick out a few points you disagree with and stick to those, you don't
need to go after the whole thing.
Try and make your point brief and concise, better chance of being read
Keep the emotion out of it, facts that you can back up with references
work best.
If you have never filed then go to the FCC ECFS page http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/
Search Filings and plug in RM-11306 then scan through some of the comments.
You should quickly find out which are the good, bad and very ugly ones.
Be careful not to get the language stuck in your head, you want ideas to form your
own thoughts not someone else's....there's going to be plenty of that because some
people never learn. You're there to see how good comments are filed.

I can get you started but it's up to individuals to get this done.

Ron
K0IDT