[RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users

Dave AA6YQ aa6yq at ambersoft.com
Sun Nov 24 13:11:45 EST 2013

If WinLink is ignoring 97.221, then we have the following argument against the ARRL proposal:

1. automatic stations are routinely operating outside the subbands specified in 97.221 (cite http://www.winlink.org/guidelines )

2. automatic stations are not required to deploy busy frequency detectors, and as a result can QRM ongoing QSOs

3. the proposed increase in allowable bandwidth to 2800 hertz would dramatically increase the QRM caused by automatic stations not
equipped with a busy frequency detector

4. the proposed permission of unspecified digital codes would prevent identification of automatic stations operating outside the
subbands specified in 97.221

         73,

                   Dave, AA6YQ