[RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Nov 24 19:49:09 EST 2013

 > They are getting away by claiming that the control operator of the
 > link is that guy in his sailboat and therefore they are not operating
 > under 97.221?

That is *absolutely* their (specious) claim.  The problem is that the
guy on his yacht can not possibly hear what other activity the RMS
server interfere with and can not possibly perform the duty of the
control operator to prevent that interference.

 > I will include in my comments, that if the Commission decides to
 > allow ARRLs bandwidth request (that 2.8 kHz nonsense), that the
 > Commission needs to reaffirm that RMS servers are operating under
 > rule 97.221(b), to keep the little guys protected.

The problem is that this is entirely about 2.8 KHz - not automatic
operation *or* the operations of the Winlink RMS network using *either*
PACTOR III/IV or WINMOR 1500 (all of which are not permitted by *any*
station under automatic control).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV