[RTTY] Hints and tips on how to file comments on RM-11708

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Nov 24 20:02:06 EST 2013

 > [2] - Page 11: "PACTOR 3 ... is now permitted and ... has an occupied
 > bandwidth of 2.4 kilohertz."

PACTOR III is *NOT* currently permitted under the rules.  Its use has
been *overlooked* by enforcement organizations as it *absolutely* can
not be justified under the *dual standard* in 97.307(f)(3) which has
both 300 baud and 1000 Hz shift limits.

In order for PACTOR III to occupy 2.4 KHz with a symbol rate less than
300, the shift [F(max)-F(min)] *must* be greater than 1000 Hz (about
*twice* the limit in this case).

> I think that the ARRL have made a solid case for BW up to 2400 Hz in
> view of /Mark Miller/ and currently permitted PACTOR 3,

ARRL have only made a case for 2400 Hz *in absence of enforcement*
against PACTOR III.   *DO NOT* reward them for violating the
regulations.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV