[RTTY] Need to lawyer up for 60 meters

Kai k.siwiak at ieee.org
Mon Nov 25 11:20:40 EST 2013

... and in UPPER SSB...

Remember that the 60 m band channels are UPPER SSB, so
in AFSK, use upper SSB. If you use MMTTY than you also select "rev".

Note that the MMTTY "Mark" nomenclature is incorrect for upper SSB.
You should set your radio dial to the upper SSB dial frequency, and
select  a "mark" frequency of 1415 Hz, in "rev" that is actually the
"Space" frequency, so you will end up with the needed 1415/1585 Hz
tone pair.

You will be fully compatible with standard RTTY users, you can even use
the same parameters on any other ham band where RTTY is used.

Please let me know if you need more detailed info, especially about using
MMTTY.

73
Kai, KE4PT