[RTTY] Fw: [hflink] re: News items of interest from N2CKH

Bob bob4john at windstream.net
Tue Nov 26 14:14:55 EST 2013

From: Steve Hajducek
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:18 AM
To: hflink at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [hflink] re: News items of interest from N2CKH

Hello All,

1. The ARRL bandwidth rule making proposal which has been given the
following number by the FCC, RM-11708 and can be found at:
http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/proceeding/view?name=RM-

2. The Fall 2013 West Mountain Radio newsletter is now available at:

http://www.westmountainradio.com/pdf/Fall2013Newsletter.pdf

Therein you will find the first part of an article on my continuing
efforts in developing Sound Device based MIL-STD ALE and Data Modem
software tools in support of MARS and other users. For more
information on the MS-DMT tool, which stands for MIL-STD Data Modem
Terminal, see the next item for a peek.

3. I have started learning to use the free version of the Microsoft
Essentials video production tool with the intent of creating Training
Videos on my software tools. Today with about 30 minutes over the
last two days under my belt, I have now created my second video, much
better quality over the first video, but still not really planned out
or paced all that well and adding audio will require efforts in the
middle of the night around here what with all the Family, Dog and
unforeseen (unwanted telemarketing calls etc.) generated QRM. In
addition to the tools designed for MARS use, I also plan to create
videos for the new comer to PC-ALE once v1.08 is ready for its release.

Here is a link to my 2nd ever video which demonstrates MS-DMT in
sending and receiving a typical message and the throughput the tool provides.

www.n2ckh.com/MARS_ALE_FORUM/MS-DMT0002.wmv

MS-DMT is already licensed for ARS ECOM as FCC rules now permit,
which are very limiting at present, but if RM-11708 moves forward
that will all change. MS-DMT provides the MIL-STD-188-110A Serial
Tone modem only at present in support of ASYNC and SYNC modes
over-the-air and provides for a High Speed Async external data port
to make use of both OTA modes via external terminal applications to
include binary data stream support for any Adaptive ARQ use of the
modems, thus programs written for MIL-STD hardware modems are also
being used with MS-DMT via the data port. One such program in MARS
use is the W3JJJ ( http://w3jjj.com/blockterm.html ) BlockTerm for
Peer2Peer, Broadcast and Multicast applications where messages can be
sent error free without the need for ARQ, those familiar with the
FLdigi/FLamp combination understand the concept.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH
www.n2ckh.com/PC_ALE_FORUM/

Recent Activity: a.. New Members 10
Visit Your Group
GLOBAL ALE HIGH FREQUENCY NETWORK (HFN) http://hflink.net
*Sign your message with your NAME and/or CALLSIGN *
This is a private communication intended for members of HFLINK.
(c)2013 HFLINK (tm)
--
To TURN OFF EMAIL, but still get HFLINK SPECIAL NOTICES and HFLINK NEWS, go to: