[RTTY] Code Permutation Tape Printer - what?

Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM wb2rhm at wb2rhm.com
Wed Nov 27 11:25:16 EST 2013

Jim,

I believe that this is an old Western Union Telegram message strip printer.

When you sent a WU telegram, the person at the other end (the
Addressee) would get a piece of WU Telegram paper with the message
glued onto it in lines formed of strips of words.  I think what we
are looking at is the machine that would print the tape with the
words printed, to be cut and pasted onto the yellow Telegram form.

If this were a TeleType device, it would say TeleType on the motor.

73,
Ben - WB2RHM