[RTTY] CQWW & my 60th

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Wed Oct 2 12:53:15 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Well, the good news is that I had a wonderful 4-day celebration for my 60th
birthday. Many family members and friends came over to Guernsey for the
weekend, and we had a real ball.
Overall, we had 50 guest-nights booked in the hotel between Friday and
Monday. The hotel provided evening meals for 18 on Friday, and 27 on
Saturday, plus various lunchtime sandwiches over the 4 days.
On Saturday, evening, those that weren't attending the family meal - around
50 of them - joined us all later for drinks and nibbles.
In fetching folk from the airport, and taking them back, I drove more miles
in 4 days than I usually do in two whole weeks.
It was one birthday I will never forget, but I can't see it happening again
anytime soon!

During this weekend, I had also just got my head around the fact that I was
going for surgery this Friday, and was finally feeling OK about it.

The bad news is that I had a call from the surgeon yesterday to say that my
op has now been postponed until 31st October!
So, it looks as though I will have another 4 weeks to contemplate the idea
of being cut open.

I just hope I am able to operate the WAE RTTY contest, and that it doesn't
get put back again.

Sorry to have missed you in CQWW, and I trust you all had fun and enjoyed
the contest.

Very best 73

Phil GU0SUP