[RTTY] My first RTTY contest

John Webster k1fwe at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 3 06:18:43 EDT 2013

Michael:

I join the others here in welcoming you to RTTY contesting. I've been an avid CW contester for decades but got started with RTTY about 10 years ago when I bought a used Kantronics KAM-2 to experiment with digital modes and like you got hooked on RTTY. The RTTY station has grown considerably since then. Many of the other CW/Phone contesters up here in New England think I'm nuts. To them, CW is music. Me too. But I like rock and jazz if you know what I mean.

Personally, I like FSK mode because there's less to fool with and I've gotten so used to N1MM that I really can't try to learn something else at this point although some of the big gun CW contesters up here prefer WinTest or WriteLog.

So, again thanks for introducing yourself. And thanks for the QSO's. I don't have my CQWW log in front of me but I do recognize your call and I'm sure your in it more than once.

John
K1FWE

Oh, and one more thing - run baby, run.