[RTTY] jt-65 and jt-9 frequency usage

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Fri Oct 4 11:03:29 EDT 2013

Out of curiousity, do folks think there any real benefit score-wise in operating cheek to jowl between .080 and .100?

Psychologically I believe it is probably so, since I assume all hams are OCD wracked linear thinkers like me who start at the bottom of the band and work their up until they get bored and move on to something else, like watching foorball.

The filter on my radios allows me to park within, what, 100hz on either side.  Of course, park that close and you end up with your neighbors, or their callers, mark or space tone intruding into your passband, and the casual AFSKers without narrow filters probably pass you right by.

Running north of, say, .110 in a contest like WW on 20m and 15m is much quieter.  But do you get the same traffic?

Al
AB2ZY