[RTTY] jt-65 and jt-9 frequency usage

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Fri Oct 4 12:43:03 EDT 2013

> Out of curiousity, do folks think there any real benefit score-wise in operating cheek to jowl between .080 and .100?

I had much more success running well outside the 080 to 100kc windows this past weekend, where things were much thinner, than in the "prime" area between 080 and 100. Even if I was holding a frequency between 080 and 100, keying clicks were often obliterating the less strong callers. Keying clicks seemed to be a bigger problem on the low bands than the high bands (I'm guessing, just because the high bands were "long" and thus I wasn't hearing the locals.)

My longest run on 20M, by far, was all the way up at 14140 kc.  My longest run on 40M was on 7075kc which I'm sure would've been a JT65 region on any other weekend (I'm sure this makes me an offender by the original subject line).

In domestic 80M RTTY contests, I am always noticing ALE modes coming up on my run frequency no matter where I put myself from 3580 to 3600.  And of course on weeknights W1AW CW is on 3581.

Tim N3QE