[RTTY] jt-65 and jt-9 frequency usage

iw1ayd - Salvatore Irato iw1ayd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 13:35:29 EDT 2013

Silly me, scared me, but it is anytime the same modes battle - time
after time.
I am not going to be loved by anyone, but too much is too much. That's
not a question of politely or not politely pursue ours personal interests.
Don't think from this start that I wouldn't care, please. I care and I
care a lot. Hamradio is my ingenuously beloved hobby, not my Freud escape.

For SSTV,  PSK,  JT modes, ROS mode, RTTY JA sub band on 40m ... name
one digital mode and you could have a new battle.
The only point I see is the one around beacons ... x100 ... those, like
lighthouses at sea, couldn't move, after all. But also they could
succumb if forgotten.
Any one take a place and then this place is

I wouldn't bother with ROS mode operators that wrote "ROS mode is
intrinsically not prone to QRM during RTTY contest".
That's not for the ROS but just to show of often the surrounding
thinking is wrong on bot ends.
But anyway, who care? Best individual acknowledgments  and not trivial
payed attentions may me deleted by other operators conscious or
unconscious too easily.
Often one of the same operator that had fight in another battle for
another mode, we will never see a solution.
Next we could all under the 2.800 Hz Data Channels treats ... well
before we will realize it.
So next mode, next battle. But RTTY could only loose, as CW and Phone
never lose anything in the past.

Oh yes, I care, but it is not enough ... just have a look when there is
CW contesting of PSK contesting.
Usually Phone contester have not all that power to drill down under RTTY.

WARC bands are the only escape way ... even if not, sometimes also there
are rude operators. All that is spreading, so it is not a lawyers problem.
As RTTY is LSB and other Digital modes are USB, even the more tight of
those. Not all of us may perceive or remember this, at 18103.

We are here to survive or die all together, we share our bands, some
modes before than others, that's the tide.

Another point is that the CQ WW are often called the contest of the
contest, there are much more operators than at any other time.
That's the results, for CW, for Phone and for RTTY. The math is simple,
isn't it?

So, my home work would be, again, to write on paper thousands time "We
all share our bands."
Such as a mantra to gain the pace of mind ... of my teacher, not mine
and not of my Elmer.
(We all share our lives spaces, could it be the mantra for the next
generations? Too late.)

New digital modes with 2.800 Hz of bandwidth, even if only from W land,
are a lot promising in that way, smile.

                 73 de iw1ayd