[RTTY] JARTS RTTY Coming Soon!

7L4IOU ncb02761 at nifty.com
Fri Oct 18 18:33:51 EDT 2013

Hello Ken,

>Do the scorers check the QTH of every W/K station or do they just look at the
>prefix?

We can not check the QTH of every W/K and JA stations.
We re-calculate all score by the logical call area numbers
 in the check process.

--- just my guess as follows, I was not JARTS member ---

Every thing was simple 22 years ago.
The Callarea accorded with Geography.
And the addition of "/x" was thought to be a law.

The Japan, situation changed approximately 10 years ago.
"7K2xxx-7N4xxx" was assigned to the JA1 area by the callsign shortage.
And the rule of "/x" disappeared.

This is the reason of "Examples: JA1, 7K1 are counted as JA1 and JR4,
7L4 are counted as JA4." article in the roule.
It was the substantial revision change
from "Geographical multiplier" to "Logical multiplier".

I think the addition of "/x" to be a good custom personally.
However, I cannot add "/1" to my callsign by the law.
because 7L4IOU is licensed in JA1area as a fixed station,

Many thanks, hope to see you soon!

73, Hisami 7L4IOU